Saturday, January 30, 2010

I love Chicken, but not Chicken Pox!

It was in the second week of Sept 2009 that I felt an uneasiness while going to office. It may be due to the long (not long though) holidays which made me a bit lazy, I thought. Client visits were on the top of the agenda in the office and I had my share of questions to be raised at the “Townhall Meeting”. Nevertheless, I reached office, however spent more time in the cafeteria later in the night since the A/c was too cold for me to be comfortable in the production floor. I went to the restroom to look at myself in the mirror to confirm my appearance, now pale?!!

One secret, [which won’t be a secret again ;-)] while having booze with friends I go to the wash room to see how much “boozed” or not I look and I come back with a smile. hmm.. I think I am slowing opening up through these blogs… whatever.. lets talk about Chicken.

Back in the restroom, Alas! I could see a few pimples on my forehead. Oh! don’t worry, these might be just because of the hot climate outside, I consoled (Yea Sept was a bit hot). That night went calm. But I woke up early in the morning only to know that the nearby transformer on the electric post had bursted and there won’t be power until 2 in the afternoon! The new house where I stay now is bit dark inside due to the tall trees which blocks the sunlight coming in. The cloudy day made the interior a bit more darker.

Well, I work in an outsourcing co and the “odd” shift timing (as others say, not me :P) make me sleep until 9 in the morning. But the “hot” break in the late sleep made me more lazy and it made me lie down on bed until 2 in the afternoon. By that time, power had been restored and I went to take my bath only to come back to my mom and say “ I think I am having CP - Chicken Pox!!” Mom was cool, since she had gone through this during her childhood. Thanks to Calicut which gave me this "yuck" as the doctor confirmed that it takes 2 weeks for the boils to appear, and exactly 2 weeks ago I was at Calicut! It was communicated to the office immediately. Office people were more troubled since the clients were so particular about the hygiene and related stuff in India and my presence there would make things worse . At home, I shut the doors, and taking my homoeopathic medicine from Dr. Chandrabanu I started my isolated life. Thursday night, the 17th went off as a joyous night :P. From 18th things went wrong as boils started appearing all over my body, more on the upper part. Neem leaves were strewn all over the room and on the bed to control the itching, which thankfully I didn’t have. The worst thing was that I could not eat food with oil or salt. But thanks to the fruits and the tender coconut water, I had them in plenty, wah! Bananas, grapes, water melons emm…. I could just “wah!” now, I can’t “slurp!”

Two weeks of isolation and I got ample time to watch the movies stored in my lappy, The Italian Job, Finding Nemo, Aa dekhe zara, Delhi 6 and so on. The boils started disappearing by then, and there were black marks left all over the face and body. I couldn’t handle the itching on the cheeks and the jaws due to the 2 week old facial hair growth and I cleaned them off. The clean shaven look added to my fair colour made the black marks more visible. Only a few very close friends at office knew that I was off due to CP while many others thought it was my holidays LOL….!! At office, some were like.. OMG! Rajath, what happened to you?! I can still remember their mouths wide open like this :-O Being a guy more particular about the looks, I was just smiling! he…. he….. dude, I can’t help :-)

So friends, its not easy going through a CP holiday because you will be mentally down due to the isolation (unless you enjoy being indoors!) and your physical appearance also will unnndddeeerrrgggooo a change :-D Scroll down if you have the guts to see the real Chicken pox face...!

.
.
.



Sorry,  I removed that pic on public request!!!

14 comments:

@prabnarayan said...

buahhhh... remove the pic bro.. :P

Arun said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Arun said...

photographer's name should be considered for "National Bravery Award for 2010

Rajath said...

ha ha.. arun, then send my name to the award committee :)

me ra said...

OH MY GOD...WHATS THIS....INCREDIBLE...WHAT A PIC...READING THE ARTICLE...I DIDNOT EXPECT THE END TO BE SO SCARY....

me ra said...

OH MY GOD...WHATS THIS....INCREDIBLE...WHAT A PIC...READING THE ARTICLE...I DIDNOT EXPECT THE END TO BE SO SCARY....

me ra said...

NEW LOOK OF THE BLOG AND THE BLOG PROFILE PIC IS REAL GOOD...

Rajath said...

thnx Meera, i wanted to scare people :D so do have the guts!

well, my new look and the new look of the profile :)

Unknown said...

hey dudeee,i read comments like buahhhhh,bravery awardssss etc sounds like bullshit bcoz the snap really surprised me.its just fantastic.u proved that u r one among us.rajath really rocks. cheerss mate.

Rajath said...

thnx Sree... am always one among you :)

Rajath said...

thnx Sree... am always one among you :)

krishna said...

I missed the foto.. :)

keep writing man..

me ra said...

Thanks a ton for removing that pic....

Ramya Udayan said...

I couldnt see the that photo..I just read this blog only now..very good rajath..Carry on my brother..come on daa..