Tuesday, November 17, 2009

4years - not out!!

After a joyous weekend, I came to office today evening (16th Nov, 2009) and when I opened my mailbox I was surprised (shocked too) to find 30+ unread emails in my inbox. A closer look confirmed that they were not from any of the management/client (as there had been more bombards during weekends from them  ) but from my own colleagues in OPI.

Since my shift starts at 4, I thought something interesting should have happened during the day. Curiously I opened one email and Alas! its my fourth anniversary in office!! Dude, you’re 4 years old with OPI. These guys have been sending email for congratulating me for completing 4 successful (?) years here. Hmm… This is nothing less than an interesting, I thought. I had this in mind during the weekend, but somehow missed it over the fun and frolic I had during the weekend. (Kayees Chicken Biriyani, slurp!)

Yes! I joined OPI on 14th Nov, 2005 on children’s day (not as a child though) which was celebrated along with the inauguration of the new facility of OPI. The then new facility has become an old facility now; see, just over a period of 4 years the company moved to the top level of a new building in 2009. We are in the top floor (ninth) now with a spectacular view of the kakkanad, the new downtown of Cochin!! The journey during these years had its ups and downs, plus and minuses, but over a period of time you look back and see that you have gained much from the never ending learning process……!

6 comments:

@prabnarayan said...

hmmm.. Interesting...

me ra said...

Congrats and wishing you many more happy and successful years ahead.....


Expecting to see many more frequent posts here...

krishna said...

It reminds me of a new title which suits me and u.... 9 yrs and not out!!!

Guess, what it relates to?

Clue: Myself declared few years back!!

Rajath said...

ya ya .. i can understand Krishn!

Ram said...

Congrats Rajath :-)

Ramya Udayan said...

u could make a small sentence of wish.."Congratulations Rajath on your 4th year@OPI" to a story like this...wonderful.. :-)